Thursday, July 14, 2011

35 weeks 4 days and showing us who the new boss is .........

We had another appointment today, first with the FMP to have an ultrasound done to check progress with Baby Rodriguez's kidney. The right kidney is still dilated and our next step is to meet with the pediatric urologist to discuss the game plan for after the big birthday. I was a little sad today...as I was hoping for better news but I again remind myself how blessed we are to be having this baby and whatever obstacles are in store for us, I know we will get through it.

We also saw that the baby is STILL in the breech position....all week long I have felt the baby moving literally from one side of my belly to the next so I was really hoping that today the baby would be head down, but no such luck. There is still time for the baby to turn and I will not lose hope! We will have another ultrasound in 2 more weeks so this baby has two weeks to get into the right position. I guess this is the first little taste of what life will be like when we are no longer in charge of our plans!

At my Ob/gyn appointment we went ahead and scheduled a c-section just to reserve the OR space....I am not even going to post the date that we are scheduled yet because I just know the baby will turn and we will end up with a natural birth! I really want to experience labor...I know sounds crazy but that is how I feel :)

The baby was NOT cooperative today so we don't have any good pictures. I decided I would share some pictures of Enrique and myself as babies...should be fun to try and figure out who our baby looks like! I am getting really excited to meet this person that has taken over my body for the last 9 months!




No comments:

Post a Comment