This time last year was probably the scariest moment in my life when I had to watch my baby boy be wheeled into an OR for surgery to fix his hydronephrosis. When I reflect on that time and day, I still get tears in my eyes and knots in my stomach. There is no way to explain how vulnerable you feel when you watch your baby be poked and prodded and prepped for surgery. No parents should ever have to go through that.
Today we had the one year check up and scans and received the best news! Nicolas' kidney is almost 100% healed and back to normal! We will not have to go back to the urologist and have any tests run for another year! I knew Nicolas was doing great, but it was still such a relief to hear that everything is looking better than expected.
I can't express how happy I am to have Nicolas in my life and the joy he brings to me everyday. There is nothing better than seeing his smiling face and kissing those soft, chubby cheeks. We are very grateful that he is 100% healthy and growing into such a fun little man.
 |
| Nicolas a year ago in the PACU recovering |
Nicolas was such a trooper at his one year check up. The ultrasound tech was amazed at how good he was, he just laid there and let her rub gel on his belly and get all of the pictures she needed. We are truly blessed to have such a good baby boy.....here is our little man being the best patient ever!
 |
| "hmmm what's going on back there?" |
 |
| Ah....the shoe is always a good distraction, whether it be during diaper changes or ultrasounds! |
 |
| Getting a little bored |
 |
| This was the only time he let out a scream...no crying just an "ARGH" |
 |
| Queue the return of the shoe! |
 |
| "Hey, that tickles" |
No comments:
Post a Comment