Monday, September 10, 2012

The BIG first birthday party

Ok...I vowed I would have this up within a month after Nicolas' birthday so here it is exactly one month later!  We had SUCH fun at Nicolas' birthday party that it has been very hard to narrow it down to just a few pictures for a post.  I'll post a few of the highlights of the day and at the end I'll include a link for those of you who would like to see all of the pictures from the day.

We were overwhelmed by all of our family and friends that came to celebrate and make Nicolas feel so special for his birthday.  Nicolas is so lucky to have so many great people in his life that love him!  I still can't believe I am the mother of a one year old...it was the fastest year of my life!  Watching Nicolas grow in the last year has truly given me so much joy and filled my heart with so much more love than I ever thought I was capable of having.

Without me getting carried away with how much I love my little man, how quickly he has grown, and the bitter-sweetness of watching him grow so quickly, I'll get right down to pictures from the big birthday bash.  Everyone has asked me what his theme was so I guess I would have to say his theme was "The big one"



Pictures are worth a thousand words so here you go....

Little birthday boy waiting for guests and loving all the balloons


Front yard...handy work by Dad
Front door

Cake table

Yummy cake

Candy bar 
Favor bags (for candy bar)
Another angle of candy bar
Fruit tray compliments of Abuelito
High Chair
Fire mantel with progressive month pics
Nicolas is so lucky...so many people showered him with love and gifts

"What is going on here?"
Cake, cake, cake


Family pic :)
Not so sure about this candle thing
"Why is everybody singing and staring at me?"
Hmmm...squishy


Not quite sure about this cake yet....


Ok, I'm liking this

YUM



Why have you been keeping this from me for a year?!
This was one long day....too much stimulation!

No comments:

Post a Comment