Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Four weeks old makes mommy a little sad

I can't believe it has already been four weeks!  The time has flown by....but on the other hand the hospital stay seems like it was so long ago!  I can not gush enough over how in love I am with Nicolas and how having him is the best thing I've ever done in my whole life.  Everyday I feel like I learn something new and get a little better at nursing, changing him, loving him and being a mom!  I will admit there are still quite a few times during the day that I find myself apologizing to Nicolas for doing something wrong (or what I think is wrong) like taking too long to get into a position to nurse him or changing his diaper before he is done (this typically results in pee all over mommy).  Enrique (another person I can't stop gushing about) is always there to pull me back down to earth when I think I'm doing something wrong...he usually says "If he isn't crying then he is ok"  I just love my two boys!  
Speaking of Enrique.....he went back to work this week which was a little reminder to me that we do have to go back to reality at some point and deal with our responsibilities.  It was great for the first three weeks to spend time with just the three of us learning to be a family and forgetting about everything else in the world except Nicolas!  I can't find the words to describe how much I enjoyed spending every waking minute with Nicolas and Enrique and how even today, seeing Enrique as a dad has made me so proud.  I will admit I do love having Nicolas to myself but I would give that up to have Enrique sitting at home with us!  I am a bit more productive when I have Enrique here to hold Nicolas when he is awake....and with that being said the housework has been bumped down on the priority list!  Enrique has come home during lunch which has been great and it makes the day go by faster for me and I suspect Enrique as well.

I could ramble on as usual but I will get down to what you are mostly interested in....pictures of Nicolas!

Hanging out with his monkey friends

Looking at mommy with his "confused" face

Most seen face...the kissy face!  He gets that from his mommy!

Just plain cute....my big baby boy!

Football season is here!

Another thing I will mention.....football season has arrived!  For those of you who know me well....you know that I usually go through a little "football season slump" each fall because Enrique tends to pay more attention to the TV than me!  Well....this year I have Nicolas to occupy my time....or so I thought!  Here is how we spent our first football Saturday.......


Nicolas spent most of the day on his daddy's chest....watching football!  Enrique tried to prepare me for this while I was pregnant saying "We are going to be the best of buds watching football all the time"  WELL....Enrique wins!  Its ok though...I am already looking forward to waking up on Saturday mornings and getting Nicolas decked out in UT gear!  I suspect he will have something different to wear for just about every game day :)

Wearing UT gear for the first time...he only had the hat on for this pic!

Ok, now back to my little man....until next time!

We crack up at his little mullet he has going for him!







   

No comments:

Post a Comment