I never knew how quickly two months could go by, yet how much your life could change in that time and how much can happen in two months. In the last two months, Enrique and I have become parents, fell in love with a person we only met two months ago, watched that person go through two long days at a hospital full of tests where he was poked and prodded the entire time, watched the little man that we love change so much in such a small amount of time. Everyday with Nicolas gets better than the next....the last two months I have laughed, cried, felt an overwhelming happiness, realized how much I could love someone, been terrified, felt like I was in a dream.....Nicolas truly is a blessing. How can something so small change you forever?
It has been two weeks since Nicolas had his surgery and we are finally getting back to normal around here. He was a little grumpy for a few days, which was expected. Once his catheter came out, he was back to his happy little self which made mommy and daddy extremely happy. Some people are lucky enough to go an entire lifetime without having to have any type of surgery or spend time in the hospital....Nicolas has only been in this world for two months and had to endure such grown-up experiences. He has recovered and amazes his mommy and daddy with how brave and strong he is.
On Friday we went for his 2 month check-up which means....shots! Enrique was convinced that Nicolas was not going to cry, I told him he was crazy! We had planned on videotaping the experience (Enrique's idea) but when we got in the doctor's office neither one of us wanted to hold a camera, that took our attention away from our baby boy! Nicolas did really well....we held him down for his shots and when the first needle went in, his eyes got really big like he was not sure of what was going on....there was a brief pause and then came the crying. For those of you who keep up with this blog, you know that the only time Nicolas has cried has been when something was being done to him by a doctor or nurse! Like every new parent that takes their kid for their first round of shots, it was very sad to have to put our baby through that but we knew it was to protect him. Now we are pretty excited that we can slowly start taking him out to more places...but we can't go too crazy since it is the dreaded flu season :(
We were very surprised to find out that Nicolas grew 2 inches in 2 weeks! Here are his two month stats:
Weight: 10 lbs 15 ozs (50th percentile)
Length: 23 1/2 inches (75th percentile)
Head: 15 1/2 inches (50th percentile)
Nicolas is developing quite the personality. He is a very happy baby in the morning and is all smiles and laughs. On weekends after he eats at about 7:00 am, I like to take him into the bedroom to spend some quality time with his daddy since I get to see him in the mornings all week long. It fills me with such happiness when I see Nicolas smiling up at his daddy and I can see how much Enrique loves the little guy. You can see how happy Nicolas makes Enrique and how proud he is of him. Nicolas thinks it is really funny when he makes a stinky diaper. When I put him on the changing table he looks up and me with the biggest smile like he is just ready for me to see what he has created.....such a boy! He is a great sleeper, however, he tries to fight it! He falls asleep immediately when mommy or daddy are holding him at night but right when we put him to bed he wakes up and stays awake for about 30 minutes. I think he is testing us to see if we will pick him back up....sometimes he wins (about 90% of the time) and sometimes mommy and daddy win. He doesn't cry, he just lays in bed and kicks his little legs, waves his little arms and lets out the occasional grunt. Our pediatrician told us that it is time to move him out of our room..."No more excuses" she said. We will see how that goes....when the time is right :)
Here are a few pictures from the last couple of weeks........
| I am getting so long daddy didn't get my whole body in the picture! |
| Best smile ever! |
Nicolas has started to become very aware when new things are introduced. Here is a video of him trying to figure out a new toy that his Grandma Binns gave him......
I'll be posting again this week to tell all about our first OU weekend and a visit from Grandpa and Grandma Binns, Aunt Cortney and cousin William!
No comments:
Post a Comment