Sunday, November 6, 2011

Texas/OU.....not just a weekend of binge drinking and fried food anymore!

Super long overdue posting!  I promise I will get better as I have A LOT of catching up to do! Here is my Texas/OU weekend experience....the first time I left Nicolas with someone else!!!  I actually started typing this post back in October....before Halloween and I have just not followed up on it!  TERRIBLE

For the last two years, my dad has come up for Texas/OU weekend to go to the game with us and indulge in a day of debauchery.  At the very beginning of my pregnancy, my dad purchased our tickets for this year.  Of course, at the time I was thinking "Of course I'll go, I wouldn't miss OU weekend!  I can leave the baby with my mom, no problem"  Well, as with most new mom's, when the day actually came around, I of course was NOT ready to leave my baby...even with family.  Let me take that back to about a week prior to the game....that is when I started stressing over leaving him and crying at the drop of a hat just thinking about it, which would ultimately lead into me looking at a calendar and watching the number of days get smaller and smaller until I would have to hand him over for a few hours.

I actually did a little better than expected....at least I think I did.  I believe I only texted my mom and sister about 3 times to check in.  I will admit, however, I was not able to hold a conversation with anybody at the fair as my mind was just not there.  All I kept thinking about was "how much longer are we going to be here." Sad for UT, we got smeared by OU....however, this somewhat worked in my favor because it meant that we didn't stay for the whole game and we left early!

Here are some pictures from OU weekend.

Our little family the morning of the game

Cousins!

They are holding their heads the same in this picture

No comments:

Post a Comment