Monday, November 21, 2011

My, oh my we have a 3 month old!

Time is flashing by before our very eyes!  Our baby boy is 3 months already!  He is such a little man



Some days I look down at my tummy and miss having that big ole belly!  When I was pregnant Nicolas was with me at all times and I knew he was safe and warm....probably not so cozy as he was running out of room towards the end.  Now he is growing and growing and I have to share him :(

Nicolas is developing quite the personality, I don't think a day goes by that he doesn't make Enrique and I laugh. The most heard phrase in our house these days is "what a crazy kid" or "he is so funny".  Nicolas wakes up in such a good mood that I can't help but have a huge grin on my face every time I peek over the pac n play and see his big brown eyes staring up at me.  Some mornings I am greeted with a teeny tiny little squeal of excitement and some mornings a laugh....there is one sure thing, Nicolas wakes up smiling.  I used to hate waking up (NOT a morning person) but waking up to Nicolas is the highlight of every day for me.  No matter how many hours of sleep I get or how tired I am, as soon as I see his face smiling up at me, I feel the most amazing rush of energy and sense of happiness.  Being a mommy to Nicolas is by far the most enjoyable experience in my life.

I have been back to work for going on 3 weeks and we have pretty much mastered our daily routine.  Nicolas usually wakes up between 5-6 am.  If he wakes up at 5:00, I feed him first....a few mornings he has not been awake at 5:00 so I start getting myself ready until he wakes.  I usually play with him for a bit and wait until at least 6:00 or just after to take him back into our bedroom and then we wake Daddy up.  I'm pretty sure Enrique agrees completely with the paragraph above regarding our happy morning baby.  Enrique can be dead tired but when I click on the bedside lamp and he turns his head towards us he always has a big grin and his face lights up when Nicolas smiles back at him.  It really is the best feeling to watch your husband, love of your life, and best friend be so happy when he gets his baby boy in his arms.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about how lucky we are to have each other and most of all Nicolas. Although, I still find myself staring at Nicolas wondering "Is he really ours?!" he is so darn cute and just a perfect little person that I just have to pinch myself sometimes to make sure that this is all real!

So, Enrique plays with Nicolas for a bit while I get ready for the day.  When Enrique needs to start getting ready, we put Nicolas in his little chair and he watches us get ready.  He loves attention and when we are not looking at him, he will sometimes use his voice until we look his way. Getting ready for work used to be a 20-30 minute process for me and it has now turned into 2 hours.  I have to take many breaks while I am "putting on my face" in the morning because I will look down and see Nicolas and I just can't resist stopping whatever it is I'm doing and getting down on the floor with him to shower him with "mommy kisses".  Literally I will get one eye done, stop kiss Nicolas, second eye done, stop kiss Nicolas, one eyebrow, stop kiss Nicolas....you get the idea.  I have to make up for all of the kisses I will miss during the day while I'm at work!

By time we are ready to leave the house, Nicolas is tired and he usually sleeps on the drive into daycare.  Enrique and I are still car pooling to work since it just doesn't make sense to take 2 cars when we are going to the same place.  I am the one that takes Nicolas into daycare in the mornings.  It is so cute...Enrique will pull up the webcam and watch me drop him off while he waits in the car.  Every morning before I leave Nicolas I tell him "Mommy loves you, be a good boy today".   I give him a kiss and then I'm off.  This is the WORST part of everyday.  As I walk to the car, the sadness of leaving Nicolas for the day hits me like a ton of bricks.  I will admit its getting a little less traumatic for me, but it is a feeling that will never go away.  I will never be "ok" with not being with my baby boy during the day.

So...that is how our morning routine goes.  We are pretty good at it so far so here's to hoping we can keep it up.  It is really all about teamwork and Enrique and I work pretty well together :)

Now back to my 3 month update and then pictures!

At 3 months, Nicolas smiles when you smile at him, he laughs, he makes all kinds of new noises and he sleeps anywhere from 6-9 hours a night.  He loves any toys that light up, he will sit in my lap while I read to him and his absolute favorite thing to do is....STRETCH!  I think he stretches more than any baby ever!  Nicolas also loves to have his diaper changed.  As soon as you set him down on the changing table he stretches his body out as long as possible, looks up at you and coos with a HUGE smile.  It is the cutest thing in the world!  What baby likes to have his diaper changed???  I'll answer that question.....Nicolas, the cutest baby ever!

Nicolas has his daddy's laid back personality.  When it comes time for a bath, he just sits in his tub and lets Enrique and I (its a team effort) just scrub him down and he never squirms, cries, or fusses.  He just sits in his tub and looks up at us until we are done.  Once he is out and I'm drying him off he usually talks and talks and talks.

Everyday is an adventure and everyday I am amazed at our little man.  I seriously (sounding cliche here) never knew I could love somebody so much.  When I am at work, I literally just crave him I miss him so much.  I just want to feel his little cheeks on my cheeks...it is the strangest feeling to just crave his touch.  Our little boy is growing so quickly and watching him discover new things is truly a blessing every day.  I just can't say enough about how much I love him, how much I love our little family, how much I love watching Enrique be a dad and how much I love being a mommy and wife.

Until next time......enjoy!

This is my sexy pose

Hoo-ray I'm 3 months old!

Are we done yet?

Mommy kisses!!!

So fresh and so clean, clean

Nothing smells better than a freshly bathed Nicolas!

Super cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment