We had quite a big weekend for Nicolas' first Halloween this year!
Friday before Halloween, Nicolas joined his mommy for his first official "business meeting" :) I had a meeting up at work for my Master's Program and the group was nice enough to let me bring Nicolas up with me. He was so good during my meeting...didn't make a peep! It turned out it was good that we had to go out and about that day so he could wear his super cute Halloween shirt!
 |
| "I sure did have fun with mommy today" |
Later that night, Tia Martha had a costume party at her new house. We stayed for a few hours and Nicolas got to meet his daddy's Tia Martina and Tio Poncho who he had not met yet. I must say...he was quite a hit at the party which was expected since he is so darn cute! The only problem we had was the little man decided on Friday that he was not going to take a nap so he was very tired at Martha's and not quite as smiley as he usually is. We decided to dress as a family so mommy was a geisha, daddy a sushi chef and Nicolas was a little piece of tuna sashimi. I decided to make the costume myself so it probably wasn't the best costume in the world, but it worked! I left the party early with Nicolas to put him to bed and that night he slept 9 1/2 hours!!! He really was a tired little boy.
 |
| Tired little boy covered his face for the family pic :( |
 |
| Sleepy head |
The next day, we took Nicolas to his first children's birthday party! Our friends Don and Holly's little boy Asher turned 1 and they had a monster themed costume party for the kiddos! We had a lot of fun again and Nicolas got to meet a lot of new people and see other babies! Towards the end of the party I had him in one of the bedrooms and I was sitting him up on the bed as he watched Asher crawl around and he just talked and talked and talked to Asher! Nicolas decided over Halloween weekend that he is quite the talker and we can't get enough of him! I could seriously listen to him make little noises 24 hours a day and never get tired of it. Everytime he makes a sound both Enrique and I just laugh and sit there and admire our baby boy. Everything he does is just so darn cute! He is really at a fun age...developing a personality, laughing, smiling, talking away!
Ok...sorry I went off on a little tangent but I just get so carried away and overwhelmed at how much I love this guy and could probably talk about him and brag about him constantly to anyone who would let me!
So for Asher's party we decided to go as "UT fans" Enrique and I were matching UT shirts.....yea that's right we are "those guys" with matching shirts! Funny how cheesy you become once you have a baby! Our precious little Nicolas was a tiny little Bevo!
 |
| Our future longhorn |
 |
| Proud daddy |
At the party, Enrique got to hang out and have a great photo oppurtunity with two of his childhood friends, Jeff and Cesar. He grew up with them and has known them since elementary school. It is so neat to see the three dads all grown up with their children! How times have changed....going from keg parties to children's parties all within the last year!
 |
| Childhood friends all grown up! |
On Halloween night we just stayed home and handed out candy to trick or treaters. I love just hanging out at home with my two favorite boys. The memories we are making together with our little man are memories I will cherish for the rest of my life. I never could have prepared myself for how much I would love Nicolas and love being a mommy and wife. Not to sound cliche....but Nicolas truly is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I thank god everyday for blessing me with such a wonderful husband and a perfect little boy. Now enough gushing....here is the best part of this blog! Nicolas is laughing a lot more these days and we try to capture it as often as possible. Here he is in his "First Halloween" shirt cracking up at his goofy mommy singing to him!
No comments:
Post a Comment